The SQL Server DBA will be responsible for the implementation, configuration, maintenance, and performance of critical SQL Server RDBMS systems, to ensure the availability and consistent performance of Database. This is a “hands-on” position requiring solid technical skills, as well as excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Develop high performance and optimized relational databases.
- Collaborate with development team on the design and implementation of database, services, data stores, stored procedures, and replication.
- Manage the design and implementation of security and data access methods to ensure services are properly controlled, monitored and audited.
- Develop and implement maintenance and administration procedures for database systems including the usage of metrics to ensure optimal performance.
- Proactively monitor database system status to determine early warning signs of issues.
- Establish summarized and scalable data schema to deliver high performance historical reporting and near-real-time data feeds.
- Author, document and maintain scripts to perform various aspects of data management and system administration.
- Create, document and maintain data schema and data dictionaries.
- Ensure that backups are performed regularly on all databases.
- Restoration of database in case of an issue.
- Evaluate new technologies, frameworks, and methodologies to scale our data infrastructure for future customer growth and new products.
- Investigate performance anomalies and perform root cause analysis for database and interface.
Experience: 3 to 6 Years
Skills and Qualifications:
3+ years MS SQL Server Administration experience required
Experience with Performance Tuning and Optimization (PTO), using native monitoring and troubleshooting tools
Experience with backups, restores and recovery models
Knowledge of High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) options for SQL Server
Experience working with Windows server
Excellent written and verbal communication
Flexible, team player, “get-it-done” personality
Ability to organize and plan work independently
Ability to work in a rapidly changing environment
Ability to multi-task and context-switch effectively between different activities and teams
- The Sr. Database Administrator will be focused on designing, implementing, and maintaining a best-in-class infrastructure with strict availability and performance requirements.
- The Sr. DBA must have extensive knowledge of MS SQLincluding high availability configurations, replication, multi-site data warehousing, summarization, maintenance and reporting.
- This individual should be passionate about data management, data access and following core data management principles.
- The Senior DBA must possess strong analytical skills, be able to perform query optimization, and debug and solve any performance and load related problems quickly and efficiently.
- Working and Coordinating with Project Managers and Programmers.
- Communicating and Reporting to Technical, Application and Operational Staffs to ensure database integrity and security.