When accessibility to age-restricted goods and services is in question, age verification is necessary to prevent minors from purchasing restricted products. But age verification works and vice versa as well. Companies need to prevent adults from taking advantage of products only for those under 18’s or keep adults away from sites which are designed for children.
Heavily-regulated industries such as pharmaceuticals, tobacco, e-cigarettes, alcohol, and video games must implement stringent age verification processes to protect themselves from being subpoenaed by the court. However, limited guidance on best compliance practices has added to the growing challenges for retailers and online gaming businesses.
IDMERIT’s Age Verification solutions help businesses conduct more comprehensive identity verification to mitigate the risk of fraud.Book A Demo
Every company must comply with KYC and AML to make sure ID and age verification is checked. Companies have a moral responsibility to uphold the laws imposed by regulatory authorities. Frictionless and reliable KYC procedures will help your company be compliant and protect your company’s reputation. The Consequence of noncompliance are newsworthy and in everyday headlines in the media. The fines are very large, and the penalties are ever stricter. The cost value of implementing ID verification form the start is more important than ever. Use IDMERIT’s to protect your customers and your business.
IDMerit’s verification tools can offer instant age confirmation which can ensure proper age usage of your services and products and facilitate legal transactions efficiently.
As age-restricted commerce grows, it is extremely important to protect our youth from accessing these products and services. Age-restricted industries such as tobacco, vaping products, online gaming, wine, and spirits have complex requirements that must be met. Industries must show that they actively work to prevent youth from engaging with them, because meeting minimum regulation requirements is not enough. Industries much prove due diligence has been performed to keep minors out of their systems.
Verifying the identity of a potential customer adds minimal friction to your onboarding or checkout process. Performing this action allows your company to demonstrate the highest level of compliance and social responsibility to consumers, parents, and regulators. Identity verification services can instantly determine if a user is real or fraudulent. Setting up IDMERIT’s age verification system on your website will give your company peace of mind
Some of the age-restricted industries that could benefit from using IDMkyc include:
IDMkyc is an identity verification product that provides quick and easy verifies personal identities. It is an API that can access official data sources around the world to provide KYC compliance. It is a system that can verify identities in an instant. This API is designed to instantly compare a visitor’s data entry against billions of records all over the world. It can check key identity information, including name, date of birth, and address.
The comprehensive coverage of IDMkyc will allow your company to rest assured that it is doing its due diligence to meet COPPA and GDPR regulations. Our API will help you keep out minors in customer-not-present scenarios.
• E-Commerce Protection: Protect your e-commerce business against fraud, unauthorized purchases, and identity theft.
• Age-Restricted Access for Minors: Reduce your liabilities by preventing children from gaining access to age-restricted merchandise and content.
• Privacy Protection for Children: Our advanced information privacy tools protect the privacy of children under the age of 18.
• Increased Flexibility of Search Criteria: Our search protection tools allow you to restrict users’ access to age-inappropriate content.
• Maintain Merchant Account Compliance: Maintain compliance with the continuously evolving credit card association requirements for identity verification.
• Enhance Your Business’ Reputation: By protecting the privacy and rights of children, you’ll clearly demonstrate that your business cares about socially responsible corporate practices.